Bulky Waste Collection Service
You can request and pay for a Bulky Waste Collection Service by calling 01495 311556, or online via the My Services customer portal.
Payment can be made by debit or credit card during the call, or on online via the My Council Services customer portal. Once payment has been authorised, you will receive a receipt confirming the date of your collection.
Collection points for bulky waste items will be at your normal recycling collection point, unless an alternative collection point has been approved by the Waste Services Team. PLEASE NOTE: Any items not left at the agreed collection point will not be collected, and no refunds issued.
Alternatively, you can take unwanted household items to your nearest Recycling Centre. https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/en/resident/waste-recycling/visit-a-recycling-centre/
You can also donate certain items which are in good reusable condition to The Den Reuse Shop located at Roseheyworth Recycling Centre. For further information visit https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/en/resident/waste-recycling/the-den-reuse-shop-now-open/
The Bulky Waste Collection Service will collect items that are too big for your bin including: fridges, fridge freezers, televisions, a mattress or a chair for the following cost:
1 item - £6.34
2 items - £12.68
3 items - £19.02
4 items - £25.36
5 items - £31.70
American Style Fridge/Freezer £24.00
Bathroom Suite £18.00
Roll of Carpets £18.00
6 x 4 Sheds £20.00
Full item pricing and a running total will be provided as part of the booking process.
The following items will not be collected:
Building material, including: building rubble, soil, sand, cement, loose timber or paint.
Once your request has been submitted it cannot be amended.
Please note we do not collect from any Commercial or Trade Premises including Schools.
Terms and Conditions:
- Items must be left safely at the Residents “Recycling Collection Point”, or agreed collection point, before 7am on your day of collection.
- We will only collect items that were requested when the booking was made. Any additional items put out for collection will be left at the property.
- If we are unable to collect your item(s) for any reason (such as severe weather, vehicle breakdown) we will attempt to contact you. Every effort will be made to collect the next working day.
- No cost reductions are available.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Refunds for cancellations can only be processed if cancellations are made before 3pm the day prior to the scheduled collection date, residents will then be granted a full refund.
- Cancellations made after 3pm the day before their collection date will be non-refundable.
- No refund will be given if, for any reason, the collection crew attend the property to find:
- The items are not presented at the agreed collection point;
- The items are presented in such a way that the operatives are unable to safely collect the items;
- The property is secured and the collection operatives cannot gain access; or
- Another company / source has collected the items.
What you’ll need
Customers can request a Bulky Waste Collection by calling 01495 311556 or online via the “My Services” Customer Portal.
You’ll need a debit or credit card to request this service.
The online process will guide you through booking a collection, making a payment and information on when and how your waste must be presented at the kerbside.
The form below will not work with Internet Explorer. Please use a browser such as Chrome, Edge or Safari.
If you need help
If you have any issues or your collection has been missed, please add a Note to your request via the My Service Customer Portal or; email firstname.lastname@example.org