From Monday 3rd October 2022 residents who wish to access the Recycling Centres to deposit their household waste in a van or trailer will need to apply for a permit.
Please note that vans over 3.5 tonnes, Luton vans or similar, flatbed tippers, horseboxes, caravans and motor homes are not permitted access to our sites.
If you require a permit please visit:
My Council Services or call C2BG on 01495 311556
Roseheyworth Recycling Centre is open 6 days a week from 9am to 5:30pm from the 19th April 2021. It's closed every Tuesday. You no longer need to book an appointment to visit the Roseheyworth site.
Roseheyworth Recycling Centre
Roseheyworth Business Park,
The last entry to Roseheyworth Recycling Centre is at 5:20pm
The Den Reuse shop is now open. Further information here
From Monday 3rd October 2022 you will no longer need to book an appointment to visit the New Vale Recycling Centre, Ebbw Vale.
New Vale Recycling Centre is open all year round from 9am to 5:30pm. It's closed every Thursday.
New Vale Recycling Centre
Waun-y-Pound Industrial Estate,
The last entry to New Vale Recycling Centre is at 5:20pm
You can recycle metal, plastic, cardboard, plasterboard and cd's, electrical items, carpets, glass, oil, gas bottles, rubble and garden waste.
You can recycle mattresses, bed linen such as bed sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases, but not the pillows or duvet.
You can only bring black bin bags of items that cannot be recycled. You must sort your black bags into recyclable and non-recyclable items.
Before you visit
If you are bringing heavy items and you are unable to lift these on your own, please bring someone who can help you. Attendants will not be able to help at the moment because of COVID-19 social distancing rules.
When you arrive
You will be met by an attendant at the site.
If you need help finding a skip on site, please ask one of the attendants.
You may be asked to wait until others users have finished unloading their vehicles.
Recycling Centre Rules
1. Please stick to the traffic management rules that are in place at all times.
2. All items and materials need to be sorted in to waste types, e.g. wood, plastic, metal, glass etc. before entering - NO mixed recycling is accepted.
3. Pedestrian access is not permitted due to health and safety reasons.
4. Please remember both our Recycling Centres are strictly no smoking and no vaping sites.
5. BE prepared to show proof of residency to gain entry, such as a Driving Licence or utility bill.
6. When queuing you MUST NOT get out of your vehicle.
7. Respect our staff. Anyone being abusive to staff will be asked to leave.
8. Please be patient there may be long queuing times.
9. Remember to WASH your hands thoroughly after leaving the site
If you need help
Please ring the Contact Centre on 01495 311556.