The admissions round for Nursery for the academic year commences on the 10th September 2018 and closes on 29th October 2018. Only applications received by the published closing date, with relevant supporting evidence for the receipt of application forms, will be considered in the initial round of allocations of pupils. Forms received after this date, or incomplete forms, may result in a child being refused a place at their chosen nursery school.
Important dates for you as a parent to note can be viewed here: School & Nursery Admission Dates 2019
Going to Nursery
All children living in Blaenau Gwent are entitled to a free part-time education place at the start of the term following their 3rd birthday (e.g. if your child in 3 years of age on the 16th December 2018, they would be entitled to a nursery place from January 2019). This is commonly referred to as a ‘Rising 3’ place. Admission to nursery settings is usually on a part-time/ half-day basis for five days per week.
- If your child is 3 years old between 1 September 2018 and 31 December 2018 they will be eligible for a Rising 3 place in the spring term, January 2019.
- If your child is 3 years old between 1 January 2019 and 15 April 2019 they will be eligible for a Rising 3 place in the summer term, April 2019.
- If your child is 3 years old between 16 April 2019 and 31 August 2019 they will be eligible for a Rising 3 place in the autumn term, September 2019.
If you wish for your child to attend a nursery setting at any of the schools outlined within the ‘Starting Schools Booklet’ you will need to apply for a nursery place before the closing date of the 29th October 2018.
Please register and complete the following form for nursery admissions.
If you are still unsure about which school to choose for your child, please see our Starting Schools Booklet.
For more information on the School Admissions Process please refer to the Blaenau Gwent School Admissions Policy for Nursery and Statutory Education 2019/2020.
For further information on the admissions process or to request a copy of the Starting Schools Booklet, please contact the Admissions Officer on: 01495 355493 or email: email@example.com
- School Admissions Policy for Nursery and Statutory Education 2019/2020
- School Admissions Policy for Nursery and Statutory Education 2018/19
- Privacy Notice
Name of Team: Education Transformation team, School Admissions
Telephone Number: (01495) 355493
Address: Education Directorate, Floor 8, Anvil Court, Abertillery, NP13 1DB
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org