What is the Youth Service?
Blaenau Gwent Youth Service provides information, support and guidance to young people ages 11-25. We are a team of youth workers, youth support workers and volunteers working in communities and schools across Blaenau Gwent to offer support to young people.
Our approach is to treat young people with respect, respecting their rights to make their own decisions and working with them to help them stay safe. We work both in and out of schools offering support, a different way of learning and a chance to have fun and get involved in different activities.
- School based counselling for young people aged 11-18 years of age.
- Team of qualified youth workers engaging with young people in their local communities.
Nationally renowned DofE programme highly recognised across the UK.
- Secondary school based programme aiming to improve attendance, attainment, behaviour and wellbeing in young people (11-16) across Blaenau Gwent.
- Helping young people aged 16-24 in Blaenau Gwent to establish and maintain a placement in further learning, training or employment.
- The Positive Futures team work on both a group and 1 to 1 basis to help educate young people on issues such as Anti-social Behavior, Substance misuse, Crime and other relevant topics
- Providing young people with the opportunity to access a wide range of training and gain qualifications and accreditations.
- Directory of support for young people.
- List and contacts for the 4 youth club services in Blaenau Gwent
- Providing young people in Blaenau Gwent with support, guidance and information.
- Blaenau Gwent Youth Service Youth Ambassadors Scheme.