Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (with an annual income less than £16,190)
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with net household income of less than £7,400 (£616.67 monthly)
Families who receive Working Tax Credit are not entitled to free school meals.
You can learn more about free school meals on the Welsh Government website.
How to Apply
You do not need to complete another form if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.
Contact the Benefit section if your child starts school for the first time.
Contact the Benefit Section if your child is not having free school meals but you think they should be.
What happens next
We will write to you and let the school know when your child is eligible for free school meals.
Name of Team: Benefits
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01495 353398