We welcome the opportunity to provide you with planning advice before you submit your planning application.
Our aim is to:
- Enable and encourage a quality scheme whether it’s is a new house, an extension, garage, a change of use or other new development
- Provide assistance in preparing your planning application
- Reduce uncertainty and improve the quality of the application. This may help us to decide your application quicker as you will be aware of potential issues and be told what information will be required. If your proposal is unacceptable, this could provide you with the opportunity to amend your plans or even save you the cost of pursuing a formal application if it is unacceptable.
Advice of what you will need to do and what we will do is contained in Planning Advice Note 6 – Preliminary Enquiries.
A full breakdown of costs is also contained in the Planning Advice Note.
The Council is aware of the pressures businesses are currently facing due to the Covid-19 outbreak. In order to assist business during these unprecedented times, with immediate effect the Council are waiving all preliminary enquiry fees for industrial/commercial businesses within the Borough until 1st July 2020.
A pre-application enquiry is not a legal requirement and you can apply for planning permission without it.
- Preliminary Enquiry Householder Development Form
- Preliminary Enquiry Form - Planning Permission/Advertisement Consent
Telephone Number:(01495) 355555
Address: Municipal Offices, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale, Gwent, NP23 6XB
Email Address: email@example.com