Physical Disabilities

Social Work practitioners and occupational therapists employed by the Social Services Department have access to a wide range of information and services, any of which may be appropriate for potential individual users.  Everyone’s needs are different, so we aim to work with each person to agree their needs and how they might be met.

Examples of the kind of help we can arrange are:

  • Help with personal care, like washing and dressing
  • Meals
  • Support for carers
  • A place at a day centre
  • Adaptations or equipment in your home to make managing easier
  • Short term breaks for you and for your carers
  • If necessary, longer term residential or nursing home care

Contact Information

For information, advice and assistance hub, to make a referral or report concerns in relation to:

  • a person aged 18 or over, please contact the Adult Services IAA Hub
  • a child or young person, please contact the Children’s Services IAAHub

Telephone: 01495 315700
Email :
Fax: 01495 353350

For general information enquiries:
Email :

Social Services Directorate
Anvil Court
Church Street
NP13 1DB

Telephone: 01495 354680
Fax: 01495 355285