Senedd Cymru Elections
The next Senedd Cymru Elections will be held on Thursday 6th May 2021.
Elections for the Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament take place every five years.
There are 60 elected Members of the Senedd (MSs) and you are represented by 5 of them. One MS represents your Senedd constituency (Blaenau Gwent) and the other four all represent your region (South Wales East).
The Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament represents the people of Wales. It has the power to make decisions in the following areas:
• agriculture, fisheries, forestry, and rural development
• ancient monuments and historic buildings
• economic development
• education and training
• the environment
• fire and rescue services
• health and health services
• highways and transport
• local government
• public administration
• social welfare
• sport and recreation
• town and country planning
• water and flood defence
• the Welsh language
The Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament can make laws in these areas, known as Parliament Bills. These laws are unique to Wales and will reflect the specific needs and concerns of people in Wales.
The UK Government retains control of certain public services and areas of legislation, such as responsibilities for the police service, social security and employment.
When you vote in the Senedd Cymru/Welsh Parliament election you have two votes – one to elect your constituency member and one to elect your regional member:
Senedd Cymru – Constituency: Blaenau Gwent
In the constituency ballot, you choose the candidate you want to represent you directly.
This Constituency follows the boundary of the County of Blaenau Gwent.
Senedd Cymru – Regional: South Wales East
In the regional ballot, you choose from a list of party or independent candidates to represent your region i.e. you do not vote for an individual candidate.
The South Wales East Region includes the following Constituencies:
Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council is the lead authority for the region – the Regional Returning Officer (RRO).
Each local authority will count their own votes and provide these to the Blaenau Gwent RRO. Once all the results are collated, the RRO will declare who has been elected for the South Wales East Region and the result will be published on this website. This will be on Friday, 7th May 2021.
- Notice Of Election Constituency - Blaenau Gwent
- Notice Of Election Regional - South Wales East
- Who can vote in the Elections
- Who cannot vote in the Elections
- Notice Of Particulars Of Election Agents - Blaenau Gwent Constituency
- Statement Of Persons Nominated And Notice Of Poll - Blaenau Gwent Constituency
- Notice Of Particulars Of Election Agents - South Wales East Region
- Statement Of Persons Nominated And Notice Of Poll - South Wales East Region
- Voting in Person - Information for the Day
- Blaenau Gwent Constituency Declaration of Poll
- Blaenau Gwent Regional Declaration of Poll
- Decleration of Result of Regional Poll
Registering To Vote
- Ensuring that you are registered to vote
- Voting at a polling station – 6 May 2021
- Postal voters
- Proxy voters
- Emergency proxy voters
Candidate And Agents Information
- Candidate and Agents information
- Key dates
- Senedd Cymru Information for Candidates & Election Agents
- Senedd Briefing for candidates and agents 2021 - Blaenau Gwent Combined - Updated
- Senedd candidate slides 2021- campaign spending - Electoral Commission
- Senedd Nomination pack - constituency
- Senedd Nomination pack - region individual
- Senedd Nomination pack - region party list
Telephone Number: 01495 355086/88
The General Offices, Steelworks Road, Ebbw Vale NP23 6DN
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org