What Type of Work Requires Building Regulations Consent?

Building regulations apply to most building work, therefore it is important to know when approval is needed. Approval is required when:

  • you erect or extend a building
  • you materially alter a building e.g. carry out structural alterations
  • you extend or alter a controlled service within a building e.g. install a WC
  • you want to change the building's fundamental use
  • Installing replacement windows using a Builder or window company not FENSA registered.
  • Replacing thermal elements e.g. roofs and walls

For more details visit the Planning Portal Website

Or make enquiries at  www.homeandbuild.co.uk/labc-homeowner-guides

Contact Information

Building Control
Telephone Number: 01495 355529
Address: Building Control, Municipal Offices, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6XB
Email Address: building.control@blaenau-gwent.gov.uk