Search for community based services to support you and your family

Dewis Cymru


Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.

When we talk about your well-being, we don’t just mean your health. We mean things like where you live, how safe and secure you feel, getting out and about, and keeping in touch with family and friends.

No two people are the same and well-being means different things to different people. So Dewis Cymru is here to help you find out more about what matters to you.

We’ve got information that can help you think about what matters to you, and we’ve also got information about people and services in your area that can help you with the things that matter to you.

If you want to know more about how to use Dewis Cymru to help you work out what matters to you, click here.

If you’ve got a service that helps people with their well-being, you can add your details to Dewis Cymru, so that the people who you want to help and support can find you more easily. It doesn’t matter how big or small you are, or whether you’re volunteers - if you help people with their well-being, Dewis Cymru wants to know about you and about what you do, so that we can put people in touch with you!

If you want to add details of your service to Dewis Cymru, click here.

Why was Dewis Cymru created?

One of the reasons for Dewis Cymru is the new law about social services in Wales – the Social Services and Well Being Wales Act. This new law will make life better for people and their carers, by making sure people get the help they need to lead a good life

Raising concerns about social care services or care providers

The Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSiW) is responsible for ensuring all care services are safe for the people who use them. CSSiW regulates local council and voluntary sector services, as well as privately-owned personal (home) care agencies and residential care homes. Inspections are available online. General enquiries: 0300 7900 126.

The Care Council for Wales has a similar role, but its focus is on ensuring the workforce which delivers social care services – the social workers and care workers – are qualified, skilled and competent. Call: 0300 303 3444.


Related Documents

Contact Information

Information, Advice & Assistance (IAA)

Children’s’ Services IAA Hub
Anvil Court,
Church Street,
NP13 1DB
Email:  01495 315700

Adults Services IAA Hub
ViTCC Centre,
Tredegar Business Park,
NP22 3EL

Email: 01495 315700