Parent/Carer and Children Information
Independent parental support in Blaenau Gwent is provided by SNAP Cymru (Special Needs Advisory Project Cymru).
SNAP Cymru is a charity that offers information and support to families of children and young people who have special educational needs.
The service is:
What Can SNAP Cymru Do?
- Talk to you about your concerns.
- Visit you at home if you want them to.
- Help you understand how your child can be helped.
- Help you write down your views about your child.
- Support you at meetings, school, visits and discussions with professionals who are working with your child if you wish.
- Give you information about the services in your area and how you might be able to find the support you need.
SNAP Cymru are running a series of free parent and carer forums for families of children with ALN/Disabilities aged 0-25 across Wales starting this month and running until April 2023.
The sessions offer parents and carers the chance to
· Find out more about the implementation of the ALN system in Wales
· Share their views and experiences
· Access support and advice from the SNAP Cymru team
Feedback from the sessions will help Welsh Government to develop future resources and support for families.
The forums will run online and in person, in various locations across Wales.
Please help us to promote the events with parents, and carers:
You can also email SNAP Cymru with any questions about the event: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to someone on 0808 801 0608
- Email on: email@example.com
- Visit their website at: http://www.snapcymru.org/