Social Services provide an emergency service outside of normal office hours. This service deals only with emergency situations that cannot wait until the next working day.
Please call us if:
- A child or young person is in urgent need of protection from harm.
- A parent, foster carer or child needs emergency help, advice or support.
- A carer or a vulnerable adult (those with mental health problems, physical or learning disabilities or older people) is in urgent need.
We cannot help if:
- The situation can wait until the next working day, without risk of harm.
- It is a working day. We are not available so please contact your local Social Services.
- It is a medical emergency – you must phone your GP or an ambulance.
Who can use the service?
- People living in the county boroughs of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen, who need emergency help from Social Services, whether they already receive our service or not.
- Anyone who is calling on behalf of someone else, whether as a professional, relative, friend or carer.
When is the service available?
The out of hours emergency service operates whenever other Social Services offices are closed. It can only be contacted by telephone or fax.
Out of Hours
Telephone Number: 0800 328 4432
Fax: 01495 767057
Monday – Thursday 5pm – 8.30am.
Friday 4.30pm until 8.30am on the following Monday.
Bank Holidays and weekends 24 hrs.