ASPIRE - support for employees
The Shared Apprenticeship Programme within Blaenau Gwent is a strategic project with a number of partners; Ebbw Vale Enterprise Zone, Education, Industry and Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council. The programme is set to enhance skills development within the manufacturing and engineering companies to develop business growth; whilst tackling unemployment and providing aspirational opportunities for young people across the local authority.
How does it work?
- Apprentices will be employed by Aspire Blaenau Gwent and placed with a host manufacturing company for the duration of the apprenticeship (2-3 years) following a selection process and interview;
- A learning pathway will be agreed by the Host Company and the apprentice with Coleg Y Cymoedd who is the delivery partner and to who funding has been allocated;
- Apprentices will rotate employers to fulfil any skills gaps; and
- Apprentices will be paid above minimum apprenticeship wage
- Age 16yrs -24yrs
- 5 GCSE Grades A-C Including STEM subjects
- A level pass in STEM subjects – especially maths and science
- Starting VRQ
- Completed Enhanced Engineering Programme or Pathways to Apprenticeships
- Completed VRQ at college