Augusta House Services
We aim to provide new opportunities and valued experiences for our guests who use the service. At the same time carers can have a break also!
- Short stays are available for up to five adults at any one time.
- We use a booking system to match the needs of individuals with the staffing resource.
- The number of opportunities for stays will depend on the assessment of individual and carers needs.
- We are registered to support service users in receipt of Continuing Health Care.
- We support service users alongside transition services
Some reasons for using the service may be:
- To have a break/holiday
- To experience living away from home
- To develop specific skills e.g. cooking, assertiveness, social (or all three)
- To provide respite for carers
Charges are calculated based on the total cost of operating the facility. Individual service users will receive an assessment of their personal financial circumstances to determine how much they contribute towards the actual cost.
Daily meals will be provided at Augusta House. Guests can purchase additional meals/snacks when out in the community if they choose to do so.
- The whole building is fully wheelchair accessible and equipped to support any level of disability.
- 1 large lounge area.
- 1 activities room.
- Ground floor bedrooms.
- 2 bedrooms, en-suite with hoists.
- All bedrooms have en-suite toilet.
- 4 bedrooms with adjoining bathrooms.
- All bedrooms have a choice of television and radio.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Large dining room.
- Separate laundry facility.
- Extensive patio area and grounds.
- Parking space for 10 vehicles.
- Pleasant walk areas, within a short distance of the Festival Park.
- Minibus providing access to shopping facilities, pubs, cafés, etc.
- Separate office/reception area.
You are encouraged to shop and help prepare meals according to your individual taste and choice.
The service team consists of experienced and caring staff who aim to create a relaxed, homely and friendly atmosphere.
- Each guest is allocated a 'link-worker' who will ensure individual needs are met and may visit users of the service in their home.
- Augusta House will be staffed to meet guests needs.
- There is one member of staff on waking night duty.
- Staff receive regular training opportunities, e.g., NVQ scheme.
- Staff receive regular one to one supervision and team supervision.
Our aim is to support individuals in whatever activities they choose to participate. We also encourage guests to try new activities in order to make meaningful choices in the future. Typical activities include:
- Cinema, theatre.
- Pubs, cafés, clubs.
- Shopping, day trips.
- Dancing, board games, painting, card games, table tennis.
- Karaoke, music.
- Cooking, bowling, B.B.Q.
An amenity fund is in operation and regular fund-raising activities held.
You may register as a temporary resident of Ebbw Vale or maintain your local GP - depending on where you live.
Guests are enabled to attend a place of worship during their stay. Other religious needs will be catered for within available resources.
Our purpose is to provide high quality short-term care for adults with learning disabilities whilst supporting and maintaining their independence and choice.
Augusta House is a new Social Services respite care facility, purpose built to offer short-term care to adults with learning disabilities. The house is located on the 1992 Garden Festival site, which is approximately 2 miles south of Ebbw Vale town centre. It can be located from the M4 or A465 by following the signs for “Festival Park”.
Telephone: (01495) 305805