Private Sector Housing Enforcement Team
Private Sector Housing
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council is responsible for the enforcement of private sector housing standards within Blaenau Gwent.
- Solving problems in private rented housing and carrying out assessments under The Housing Health and Safety Rating System to ensure that any residential premises provides a safe and healthy environment for any potential occupier or visitor.
- Providing advice for landlords and private sector tenants.
- Dealing with public and statutory nuisances such as dirty premises, noxious premises, dampness from neighbouring properties, smoke through the party wall.
- Dealing with empty properties.
- Dealing with landlord harassment or unlawful eviction.
- Dealing with HMO’s and Licensing of HMO.
- Immigration inspections. A person wishing to bring a non-UK resident family member to the UK will often require proof that their proposed residence is suitable.
Condensation and Mould advice leaflet
Registration and Licensing
Landlords are now required by law to be registered or licensed. A new law has been introduced in Wales which applies to all landlords and agents of private residential property. If you own, rent out, manage and/or live in a rented property then this law will impact on you.
To find out more and to apply visit www.rentsmart.gov.wales or call 03000 133344.
Report a Complaint
To report a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01495 357813