Litter and Fixed Penalty Notices
In order to help keep the county borough clean and deter offenders, the Council has authorised Civil Environmental Enforcement Officers to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for the following offences:
- Littering (this includes cigarette and roll-up cigarettes)
- Dog Fouling
- Dogs off leads in specific areas
- Dogs in exclusion zones (this includes dogs on a lead or if the dog was carried).
Fixed Penalty Notice Charges
Littering offences will result in a fixed penalty notice of £125 being issued. The penalty will reduce to £100 if paid within 14 days.
Offences relating to the Public Space Protection Order- Dog Controls will result in a fixed penalty notice of £100 being issued; there is no reduction in payment if it is paid within 14 days.
Paying a Fixed Penalty Notice
- Ensure the FPN number is recorded with your payment or noted on your cheque/ postal order
- Payments can be made by cash or cheque at the Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale
- A cheque or postal order can be posted to Public Protection, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale NP23 6XB
- You may make a credit or debit card payment by telephoning 01495 311556 and selecting Option 5, between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
There is no facility to set up an instalment or payment plan
Non-Payment of a Fixed Penalty Notice
If no payment is received within six weeks of the offence then the Council will instigate legal proceedings.
To contest the Fixed Penalty Notice or if you cannot afford the Penalty
- The only way that you can contest the notice is through the court where a magistrate will decide if the ticket is valid or not.
- If you cannot afford to pay the penalty you will need to go to court where, if you are found guilty, the magistrate may at his discretion, agree a payment plan
- To go to court, complete the section at the bottom of the blue or yellow copy and submit it as instructed
Please note: additional court costs may be incurred
Making a complaint about how the notice was issued
If you have a complaint about how the FPN was issued, please put it in writing or submit it online.
- Complaints can be posted to Environmental Health, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale NP23 6XB
Public Protection Service
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Telephone: 01495 357813
Fax: 01495 355834