Key dates for voters:
- You must register to vote by 26 November 2019.
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote is 26 November 2019
- Deadline to apply for a proxy vote is 4 December
If you envisage any difficulties attending the polling station on the day of the election for any reason, including potential inclement weather conditions, you could apply for a postal vote or a proxy vote, but the deadlines are tight, so get your applications in as soon as possible.
On Election Day
Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm, so plan now when you’re going to cast your vote. Information on how to mark your ballot paper will be available inside the polling station.”
Here’s a rundown of what you need to know before polling day:
Make sure you vote in time
- Polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm on Thursday 12 December. You had to have applied to register to vote by midnight on 26 November in order to be able to vote on 12 December .
- Your poll card will have been sent to the address where you are registered. It will say where your polling station is. You can only vote at the polling station that is stated on your own poll card.
- Plan what time you will be able to cast your vote at the polling station, leaving plenty of time before the 10pm deadline.
Further information is available on the Council’s website https://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/en/resident/voting-elections/parliamentary-election-thursday-12-december-2019/