Important Covid-19 information and advice for employers and employees is now available on the Healthy Working Wales website.
The site brings together a raft of information from UK Government, Welsh Government, Public Health Wales and NHS Direct Wales to help signpost businesses to the relevant guidance.
It includes sector specific guidance for those working in retail, manufacturing, food and meat packing facilities, sports and recreation, animal businesses, creative industries, forestry businesses and tourism.
Further sector specific guidance documents are soon due to be published on other sectors which include offices and call centres, construction and staff who work in other people’s homes, as well as the use of vehicles at work.
General information for employees includes:
- guidance on returning to the workplace and travelling to work
- how to request an isolation note to give to your employer if you have been advised to self-isolate by a contact tracer, have coronavirus symptoms, are in a support bubble with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus or live with someone who has symptoms.
- pay and loss of earnings
- health and wellbeing advice
- if you are shielding
Additional advice and guidance is provided for employers, including:
- how to communicate the Test Trace Protect strategy, with a toolkit involving printable and digital posters, social assets and an explainer video
- the need for enhanced routine cleaning procedures and hygiene at work
- measures that employers can take to help limit the spread of the virus
- assessing the needs of lone workers/employees working from home
- risk assessments on the appropriate level of Personal Protective Equipment
- shielding of employees or household members
- how to check an isolation note is valid
- canteens and rest areas
- grants and funding schemes for businesses