ABUHB Specialist CAMHS has launched a new website that will aim to help people understand more about the services available to young people across Gwent struggling with their mental health and emotional well-being. The website features a wealth of information suitable for young people themselves, parents and carers, and professionals working with children and young people.
Services users can find out detailed information about S-CAMHS and what happens when you are referred. The website has been designed to reassure young people and reduce any anxiety they may be feeling, with information on:
- how to make a referral to S-CAMHS services through SPACE Well-being in each local area of Gwent;
- find out what will happen at every stage of the referral process;
- what it’s like coming to an S-CAMHS appointment and what you sessions may involve;
- self-help to support young people to understand and manage their health and well-being;
- what the different people who work in SCAMHS do, from psychiatrists and psychologists, to nurses, administrators and more
- support and advice on a wide range of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm and difficult life pressures.
To find out more please visit: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/866/page/98175