Your Local Recycling Centre
New Vale Household Waste Recycling Centre is located on Waun-y-Pound Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6PL.
Summer open hours from 1st May 9:00am-6:00pm
Winter open hours from 1st October 10:00am to 4:30pm
Please enter the site ten minutes before closing time to ensure enough time for you to separate your waste before the site closes.
Black bag sorting area
We want to ensure that residents in Blaenau Gwent recycle as much as possible. Research has shown that 70% black bag waste can be recycled. We need to stop recyclable materials such as glass, cans, paper, plastics and cardboard being thrown away as these can be collected at the kerbside. There is now an established area at New Vale to allow residents to sort through their black bags any resident refusing to sort out their black bag waste on site will be asked to take their waste home.
Items accepted on site
Please see a list of the recycling types that New Vale household waste and recycling centre accept:
- Textiles/clothes and shoes
- Wood- end of life household wooden furniture, garden fences/furniture/broken up sheds.
- Inert rubble from small household projects (no soil please)
- Sheet glass from windows, doors and greenhouses.
- UPVC- window and door frames
- Green waste – shrubs, trees, grass cuttings
- Large/hard plastics that cannot go in your recycling box such as garden furniture
- All Electrical items
- Car and portable batteries
- Florescent tubes
- Paint- any that is fit for reuse please speak to our site staff (water based paint)
- Household chemicals/liquids and DIY wastes- such as creosote, adhesives.
- Cooking oil
- Engine oil (not petrol or diesel please)
- Large bulky household furniture (e.g end of life sofas and armchairs)
- Gas bottles
- Kerbside collection boxes/food caddy and wheeled bin- drop off point
All site staff are there to help guide and direct residents to put all items in the correct containers on site.