Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Your Local Recycling Centre - New Vale Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC) is reopening on 26 May 2020. Pre-booking is Essential.
Residents should continue to use the kerbside collections (waste, recycling, green, nappy / hygiene services) to dispose of their waste. Householders can only dispose of a small amount of waste to the HWRC if it is essential, it cannot be stored safely at home and no alternative disposal options are available.
YOU MUST book a slot before visiting New Vale HWRC and BRING proof of address with you otherwise you not be permitted to access the site. Vehicles who have not booked an appointment prior to arrival will be turned away.
New Vale HWRC Site Guidance and Rules – Please Read Prior to Booking
1. You must not visit the Recycling Centre if you or anyone you are living with is in self-isolation, showing COVID-19 symptoms or are currently shielding.
2. You should only visit the Recycling Centre if it is absolutely essential because we cannot collect it in our normal kerbside collections and you cannot store it safely at home.
3. Admissions to site are permitted via the booking system only. Vehicles who have not booked in prior to arrival will be turned away.
4. Blaenau Gwent residents will only be permitted to site and will need to bring address based identification. Failure to do so may result in refusal of admittance to site.
5. A limited number of vehicles will be permitted on site at any one time to adhere with social distancing measures, so please be prepared to queue and wait before admittance to site. You MUST remain in your car whilst queuing. Once the permitted number of vehicles are on site, we will be operating a one-in, one-out system.
6. Only one person will be permitted outside of their vehicle at any one time. A second member of the household may attend to assist with the removal and disposal of bulky items but may only leave the vehicle when indicated it is safe to do so by a site attendant. Alternatively, please use the Council’s Bulky Waste Collection Service for Bulky Items.
7. No assistance will be given to offload materials by site staff
8. We will only accept small amounts of waste. Please segregate your waste before coming to site to speed up your visit. From Monday 17th August, vans and trailers will be able to access New Vale HWRC.
9. Black bag waste should only contain non-recyclable waste. We are collecting food, cans, plastics, paper, card, glass, green, and hygiene waste at the kerbside so residents should use these collections for these materials. We will not accept black bag waste that contains food and recyclables. You will be asked to open any black bags for inspection by a site attendant to ensure there is no recyclate in the bags. Residents will be limited to depositing up to 4 black bags of non-recyclable waste only.
10. From 21st September we will be able to accept the following at the textile banks located on site:
• Clothing – Clean and dry Shoes - Paired
• Bags and Belts
• Bed Linen/Table Linen
The following WILL NOT be accepted:
• Pillows/ Duvets
These can be stored safely at home until further notice.
11. Social distancing measures must be adhered to at all times by both staff and visitors. All site users must adhere to the two metre social distancing rules in place.
12. Please treat our staff and fellow customers with respect and consideration during this challenging period. Any incident/abuse of site staff or other users will not be tolerated, will result in you not being able to book in to visit again and may involve police intervention.
Appointment slots will be available from 9am – 6pm, Monday-Sunday.
The site will be closed at regular intervals during the day to allow the site operatives to undertake necessary cleaning duties.
New Vale Household Waste Recycling Centre is located on Waun-y-Pound Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6PL
Booking An Appointment
This service is for Blaenau Gwent residents. At your appointment, you will need to bring with you proof of address such as your driving licence or utility bill.
The quickest and easiest way for residents to request an appointment is via the Council’s My Services portal. You will need your My Services login, or alternatively sign up for an account whilst on the login screen.
The online process will guide you through booking a slot.
Please pay particular attention to the instructions below about searching for your address in order to view the available slots:
1. To add an address; please enter your post code into the address search box, your address will then appear in a drop down list for you to select. If your address isn't displayed, please delete your post code and attempt to search by entering your street name, village and then town if required.
2. On entering the address, the system will load all the available dates to visit the HWRC. Please select an appropriate date and click 'Confirm'.
Once your booking is confirmed, please arrive within the 30-minute time slot that you have booked and bring your proof of address with you. Do not attempt to arrive early as this may result in you having to wait unnecessarily.
If you cannot access the online system, then you can call 01495 311556 to make a booking.
If you need help
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com or telephone:01495 311556