School Action Plus

If your child requires support from outside the school as well as from the school itself for their special educational needs, this is called School Action Plus. If your child is in an early years setting and requires support from outside the early years setting as well as from the early years setting, this is called Early Years Action Plus. 

What is Early Years Action Plus/School Action Plus? 

If there are concerns that the progress your child is making at Early Years Action/School Action is not enough, the Additional Learning Needs Coordinator (ALNCo) will, in consultation with you, seek further advice from external support services. They may ask for help from a specialist teacher, an educational psychologist or a health professional. 

A new IEP (Individual Education Plan) will be set up based on this additional advice with new targets and strategies for helping your child make progress. Your child’s teacher or the school ALNCo will keep a close check on progress and will continue to keep you informed and invite you to review meetings when your child is discussed. 

Early Years Action Plus/School Action Plus continues until it is no longer needed or when additional support or statutory assessment is considered appropriate.