FOSTER CARERS CAN:
• Be male or female
• Be single, married, divorced, widowed or living with a partner
• Own your own home, or rent, however your accommodation needs to be stable
• Have a disability
• Be employed, unemployed or retired
• Be heterosexual or in a same sex relationship
• Be a parent, step parent, single parent or you may never have had children of your own.
AGE: There is no upper age limit but you do have to be over 21 years of age and be in good general health.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A SPARE BEDROOM.
FOSTER CARERS HAVE SOME THINGS IN COMMON:
• They all love children
• They all work as part of a team
• They are understanding and patient
• They have lots of energy and a sense of humour
• They don’t give up easily when the going gets tough.
All we ask is that you like children and parenting, and that you have space in your home and your heart to care enthusiastically and with dedication for someone else’s child.