Recycling and Refuse collections will be one day late during the Christmas period this year
|Revised Collections dates for Week Commencing Monday 26th December are:
|NORMAL COLLECTION DAY||WILL BE COLLECTED ON|
|Monday 26th||Tuesday 27th|
|Tuesday 27th||Wednesday 28th|
|Wednesday 28th||Thursday 29th|
|Thursday 29th||Friday 30th|
|Friday 30th||Saturday 31st|
|Week Commencing Monday 2nd January 2023. Collections will resume as normal.|
Nappy and Hygiene Collection Service
Nappy and Hygiene sacks will be collected from the usual collection point on: -
Friday 23rd December 2022 & Saturday 31st December 2022.
Recycle Your Real Christmas Tree
The Council’s Waste Department will be providing a service to collect and recycle your Real Christmas Tree from Tuesday 3rd January 2023. Please contact C2BG on 01495 311556 to register your details or please register on My Council Services section on the council’s website at www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk to confirm a collection day for your Christmas Tree.
Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRC’s), New Vale & Roseheyworth Sites
The Council’s Recycling Centres will be open during the Christmas and New Year period between the hours of 9.00am and 5.30pm [last entry at 5.20pm], 6 days a week for residents to dispose of waste material.
Roseheyworth – Closed every Tuesday
New Vale – Closed every Thursday
The sites will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day only. Address:
- Waun-Y-Pound Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6PL
- Roseheyworth Business Park, Roseheyworth Road, Abertillery, NP13 1SP
Additional Information for Christmas
- Please recycle plain greetings cards only. We are unable to accept Christmas cards with glitter or attachments such as bows, pom poms, beads etc. as part of our recycling collection and will need to be placed in your black bags.
- We are unable to accept Christmas Wrapping Paper. Please place in a black bag/bin for your 3-weekly refuse collection.
- Brown and Grey paper to be placed in with cardboard for recycling.
- Cardboard – We ask residents to fold or cut their cardboard as much as they can when they are putting this out for recycling. Please note that due to the high volume that we will be collecting during this period, the Council will utilise a number of vehicles (refuse and recycling lorries) to collect this. The cardboard is still being recycled regardless of the Council vehicle that it is being collected in.
- Additional cardboard should be flat packed and placed at the side of your recycling receptacles or taken to the Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRC’s).
- Any polystyrene will need to be placed in your black bags for collection.
- Can we just remind all residents that all black bag waste allowances, either four black bags or one wheeled bin, remain in place over the festive period. We will not collect any excess waste to the side or on top of your bin or which exceed the four black bag allowance. Enforcement of this policy will continue over the Christmas Period.
- Residents are able to take any excess black bag waste to our Recycling Centres [limited to 4 black bags] but please make sure that all the recycling has been removed prior to visiting the site.
- Small electrical items, batteries and textiles can be collected weekly at the same time as your regular recycling collection. Please bag items and place either on top or to the side of your recycling receptacles.
Your recycling is making a big difference... thank you for your continued support!