Regeneration Scrutiny Committee welcomed an update on the progress being made on a number of strategic energy projects. The information is contained in the Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council Energy Prospectus and highlights the work over the last twelve months.
During 2021 some of the key highlighted activities that were completed include:
• Completion of the works phase of the Re:FIT Programme. Work is ongoing around monitoring and evaluation of the project.
• The Works District Heating Expansion. Lime Avenue Business Park Units have been connected to the District Heating Network.
• Wind Generation – Progress has been made with one site to reach full business case development stage.
• Hydro Generation – Funding was secured for feasibility studies. Phase 1 of a 2 Phase process has now been completed.
• EV Charging Infrastructure – Completion of the Gwent Regional Project and all sites are now live
Councillor Dai Davies, Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Regeneration and Economic Development commented:
"It is very positive to see the progress that has been made throughout 2021 which is essential if we are to protect our environment and reduce our carbon footprint. The more we investigate alternative energy solutions then the more low carbon solutions will be available for the future.”