Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is a programme that will support unpaid carers and the cared for person to enjoy being active together.
GOGA aims to make activity more inclusive, support people to move more and encourage people to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
GOGA is supporting organisations and groups across the UK to engage with communities in a fun and inclusive way
- Suitable for all ages
- Carers and cared for can attend different activities at the same time, events can run in tandem at the same location
- Opportunity to meet other carers and make social connections
- Taster sessions will be available for you to try an activity
- Participate as a family
- Coaching opportunities/qualifications may be available
Some activities you may be interested in:
- Wheelchair basketball Tennis
- Coaching activities
- Fitness/mobility classes
- Sitting volleyball
- Chair exercise classes
- Adapted gym activities
We are open to any other activity ideas you suggest, so please get in touch.
Being a carer doesn’t mean that you need to miss out on opportunities.
Let’s get out and get active!
If you are interested in finding out more about GOGA or have an activity you’d like to suggest please contact Brona Oakerbee: email@example.com in the first instance.
Please note, depending on the activity and/or facilities required these events may be run centrally in the Gwent region.