Is your home warm enough?
How Care & Repair can help older people in Wales keep their homes warm.
Why is a warm home important?
Older people spend between 70% and 90% of their time at home, so a warm home can go a long way to keeping you healthy and happy. As well as keeping you feeling well and mentally healthy, a warm home reduces the risk of falling and respiratory illnesses in your home.
You may worry about the cost of keeping your home well insulated, or that a new
heating system is too expensive. In fact, with help from a Care and Repair Home Energy Officer, you could save money by getting tips and tricks on saving energy.
We can help make energy efficiency improvements in your home, and we may be able to help with some of the costs involved.
A warm home does not have to cost you the earth.
About Care & Repair
For over 40 years, Care & Repair has been trusted to help older people live in safe,
warm and accessible homes.
Everyone in Wales has a local Care & Repair agency, with a friendly and experienced team who can help you live independently at home. Whether it is with small repairs to make your home safer, larger adaptations to make it more accessible, or support to claim benefits and grants, Care & Repair are here to help.
How Care & Repair can help keep you warm
Our team of Home Energy Officers are experts at making sure your home is kept warm. We can:
- Assess your home to make sure it’s insulated and well-heated
- Offer advice on ways to save energy
- Help you to apply for benefits and grants to help you keep warm
- Ensure that your heating system and appliances are safe
- Help make improvements where there is damp and condensation
- Help connect your home to a nearby mains gas connection
- Link you to other Care & Repair services and support.
For a FREE healthy home check, call your local Care & Repair today on:
0300 111 3333
Part funded by Wels Government
Part of Enable - Support for Independent Living