Blaenau Gwent's Budget Challenge
Our budget challenge engagement programme gives people the opportunity to influence the Council’s budget and services.
It has been widely publicised that Councils are facing tough times as the government continues to reduce the amount of money we receive. With less money to spend we have to review all of our services and try to identify millions of pounds in savings. As a result, some of our services will have to change and we may have to stop providing other services altogether. Our Budget Challenge engagement programme is designed to give everyone the opportunity to influence the difficult decisions that will need to be made moving forward.
At these Budget Challenge events we give participants the chance to find out more about how the Council plans its budget. People are able to tell us their priorities and views on the level of Council Tax for 2019-20. We will use the feedback given to help us finalise and set our budget.
All of our Budget Challenge events are advertised on our website and social media accounts, in the local press, libraries and in other community buildings.
You can share your views with us by completing the short survey
- Friday 7 December, Ebbw Vale Market, 10.30am – 12.30pm.
- Friday 7 December, Abertillery Tesco, 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Monday 10 December, Blaina Town Centre, 9.00am – 11am.
- Tuesday 11 December, Ebbw Vale Tesco, 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Thursday 13 December, Abertillery Market, 10.30am – 12.30pm.
- Saturday 15 December, Brynmawr Market Square, 10.30am – 12.30pm.
Policy, Partnership & Engagement
Telephone Number: 01495 355092
Address: Floor 4A, Municipal Offices, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org