Waste & Recycling Information
In Autumn 2015 BGCBC introduced a new recycling service that will help separate your household recyclable materials further and a three weekly refuse collection, the reasons for these changes are:
- To encourage every household to make full use of the convenient weekly recycling and food waste collection service.
- To boost recycling and food waste rates – the Welsh Government expects all Authorities to currently be recycling a minimum 52% of all the waste it collects. By March 2016 this will increase to 58%.
- To avoid the large financial penalties the Authority would face if the national recycling and landfill targets are not hit.
- To comply with European legislation which states that paper, plastics, metal and glass should be collected separately to increase the quality of the recycling material.
- And of course, more recycling and less landfill is good for our environment
Explore the types of waste that can be recycled around the home.
Garden waste collection service
Recycle InkJet Cartridges and Toner Cartridges
If you are interested in disposing of your old Ink and Toner Cartridges in a green and friendly manner, please find some useful links below:
- Recycling Routes 2016
- Refuse Routes 2016
- Recycling & Refuse FAQ's
- Hygiene Waste Application Form
- Towards Zero Waste Strategy
- Waste and Recycling Information
Name of Team: Waste & Recycling
Telephone Number: 01495 311556
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org