Independent parent support
Independent parental support in Blaenau Gwent is provided by SNAP Cymru (Special Needs Advisory Project Cymru).
SNAP Cymru is a charity that offers information and support to families of children and young people who have special educational needs. The service is:
What Can SNAP Cymru Do?
- Talk to you about your concerns.
- Visit you at home if you want them to.
- Help you understand how your child can be helped.
- Help you write down your views about your child.
- Support you at meetings, school, visits and discussions with professionals who are working with your child if you wish.
- Give you information about the services in your area and how you might be able to find the support you need.