Free School Meals
Your child is entitled to free school meals if your family receives one of the following benefits/support payments.
- Income support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not working Tax Credit) and your annual income as assessed by Revenues and Customs is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Or support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- This also applies to pupils at special day schools.
Please note that free school meals are paid by the Council where you reside in the majority of cases, and not by the Council region in which a child attends school.
Name of Team: Housing Benefits
Telephone : 01495 353398
Address: Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale