Gwent Regional Collaborative Committee
The role of Regional Collaborative Committees within the Supporting People Programme.
Regional Collaborative Committees (RCCs) make recommendations to the Welsh Government on Supporting People spending in their region.
They are informed by information provided by individual local authorities. RCCs are advisory only and do not have executive powers or finance.
RCCs bring key stakeholders together from across each region including local authorities, health, probation, Supporting People service providers and landlords. This ensures that planning and commissioning of Supporting People services makes the most effective use of Supporting People Programme Grant and meets local needs.
The Gwent Regional Collaborative Committee is made up from the areas of Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen Local Authorities.
There are 6 RCCs across Wales:
- The Vale and Cardiff
- Mid and West
- Western Bay
- Cwm Taf
- North Wales
The Supporting People Programme Grant Guidance (Wales) describes the role of RCCs in more detail (pages 14 - 19).
- Regional Commissioning Plan 2014 – 2017 Annual Update 2016 - 2017
- Gwent Regional Collaborative Committee Annual Review October 2013 – March 2015
- Provider Forum Terms of Reference October 2012
- Regional Development Coordinators Network - Terms of Reference
- Supporting People Programme Grant (SPPG)
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 7th Jan 2015
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 21st April 2015
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 7th Oct 2015
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 14th April 2016
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 7th July 2015
- Regional Collaborative Committee Meeting - 14th July 2016
Gwent Supporting People Regional Development Co-ordinator
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Telephone: 01495 354685