Vision House is a Centre catering for adults with mental health needs. Service users attend the Centre sessionally, daily or as needs require.
The service provided covers the whole of Blaenau Gwent County Borough.
Vision House is situated on the Garden Festival development in Ebbw Vale and is ideally situated for accessing facilities of the Borough.
Vision House Facilities
Our Service is delivered at ground floor level with wheelchair access and facilities and offers:
- Large lounge.
- Large craft / activity room.
- TV lounge with music centre and IT equipment.
- User friendly kitchen with microwave and laundry facilities to assist in developing basic living skills.
- Consulting room for the use of social workers/Community Psychiatric Nurses.
- Small lounge for therapeutic or educational skills.
- Dining room.
- Relaxation room.
- Enclosed outdoor area.
Vision House Staff
- The team at Vision House consists of a Centre Manager, Community Options Officer and Support Workers.
- Staff receive training for the tasks they perform and have the opportunity to develop their skills in all aspects required for their work.
- Staff receive regular supervision.
- Staff are responsible for ensuring that each service user is treated as an individual.
- Staff will support and motivate service users in building existing abilities as well as developing new skills.
- Staff will encourage and motivate service users to maximise their social and emotional well-being.
- Staff will promote service user empowerment, decision making and independence.
- Staff are trained in therapeutic work based activities.
- Staff assist individuals to work from their homes.
Vision House Services
The aim of the Centre is to provide a flexible, therapeutic setting and to provide individuals with new opportunities and experiences to aid their integration within their local community and open employment with an emphasis on daily living skills.
Vision House Activities
Various activities take place on a daily basis and service users are supported to participate in whatever activities they choose. Individuals are also encouraged to try new or expand on old activities and this would be planned jointly with service users and staff.
Services provided are continually reviewed in order to offer appropriate support to individuals as per their care plans.
Current activities include:
- Living skills such as supported shopping etc.
- Assistance with housekeeping skills.
- Developing craft skills.
- Group therapy and counselling sessions in partnership with the Health Authority.
- Assistance in accessing community resources.
- Professional tuition provided by the Education Department for computer skills, cookery and gardening.
Attendance Charges for the Centre
The charge for attendance at Vision House is set according to the Local Authority’s Policy.
Aims of the Centre
Vision House aims to provide a flexible and support service to meet the assessed needs of service users and their families and to promote community based activities.
- Vision House seeks to have as much as possible involvement within the community.
- Students from local colleges and schools have received work experience.
- Good relationships with local adult education, libraries, leisure and voluntary services.
- Phoenix Project.