Blaenau-Gwent Council has authorised Civil Environmental Enforcement Officers to patrol the streets of the borough to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for the following offences:
- Littering (this includes cigarette and roll-up cigarettes)
- Dog Fouling
- Dogs off leads in specific areas
- Dogs in exclusion zones (this includes dogs on a lead or if the dog was carried). A list of exclusion zones can be found on the council website http://www.blaenau-gwent.gov.uk/environment/16932.asp
Paying a Fixed Penalty Notice
- Ensure the FPN number is recorded with your payment or noted on your cheque/ postal order
- If the Fixed Penalty Notice is paid within 14 days of the offence, it is reduced to £50 (only valid for FPNs issued after the 1st April 2012)
- If the penalty is not paid within 14 days, then the amount is £75
- Payments can be made by cash or cheque at the following places: Anvil Court, Abertillery or the Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale
- A cheque or postal order can be posted to Anvil Court, Church Street, Abertillery NP13 1DB
- Please note that card payments cannot be taken over the phone and there is no facility to set up an instalment or payment plan
Non Payment of a Fixed Penalty Notice
If no payment is received within 6 weeks of the offence then Blaenau-Gwent will normally instigate legal proceedings and the offender will be required to appear before a magistrates bench in court.
To contest the Fixed Penalty Notice or if you cannot afford the Penalty
- The only way that you can contest the notice is through the court where a magistrate will decide if the ticket is valid or not.
- If you cannot afford to pay the penalty you will need to go to court where, if you are found guilty, the magistrate may at his discretion, agree a payment plan
- To go to court, complete the section at the bottom of the blue or yellow copy and submit it as instructed
- Please note: additional court costs may be incurred
Making a complaint about HOW the Notice was issued
If you have a complaint about HOW the FPN was issued, please put it in writing or submit it online.
Complaints can be posted to Anvil Court, Environmental Health, Church Street, Abertillery NP13 1DB.