The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 came into force in January 2005. They provide the public with a right of access to a wide range of environmental information that we hold.
The following areas are included:
- any information relating to the state of land, including water, air, flora or fauna
- any information about activities which adversely affect the environment, including noise and other nuisances
- any information about measures which are designed to protect the environment
- this also includes plans, programmes, cost-benefit and other economic analyses which relate to environmental information
- other information held by the council such as information relating to road, traffic, maintenance, land use planning, development control, buildings and estates is also considered to be environmental information
To make a request for information please contact the Environmental Health Section on (01495) 357813.