Organisations across the region are using this week to raise awareness of safeguarding issues through staff briefings, events, training, campaigns and launches of protocols, guidance and toolkits.
Regionally, the Children and Adult Safeguarding Boards have produced a media clip to raise awareness that Safeguarding is Everybody’s Business – this clip was produced from the Police and Crime Commissioners Fund.
Safeguarding is everybody's responsibility
Diogelu yw ymgyrch cyfrifoldeb pawb
Local Safeguarding Network Practitioner Forums
Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Tuesday 14 November Torfaen Pontypool Active Living Centre, NP4 8AT
- Wednesday 15 November Caerphilly Llancaiach Fawr Manor CF46 6ER
- Thursday 16 November Monmouthshire Bridges Community Centre, Monmouth, NP25 5AS
- Tuesday 21 November Blaenau Gwent General Offices, Steel Works Road, Ebbw Vale, NP23 8UW
- Wednesday 22 November Newport Christchurch Centre, Newport, NP20 5PP
Target audience: All professionals and volunteers working with and supporting adults, children, young people, parents, carers and families.
No booking required.
Topics to include
- Updates from:
- Regional Children and Adult Safeguarding Boards
- Regional Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence Board
- Launch of ‘Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility’ campaign
- Launch of Operation Makesafe
- Introduction to Safeguarding in Probation and Youth Offending Services
- Gambling – safeguarding issues
- Networking – information stalls
- Stalking and Harassment
- Financial Abuse
The Safeguarding Practitioner Forum is an opportunity for multi agency:
✔ Information sharing ✔ networking ✔ consultation