Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
A requirement to maintain a designated list of wheelchair accessible vehicles as implemented by the Equality Act 2010
Publishing of a designated list places obligations on drivers of wheelchair accessible vehicles: -
- To carry the passenger whilst in the wheelchair
- Not make any additional charge for doing so
- If the passenger chooses to sit in a passenger seat to carry the wheelchair
- To take such steps as are necessary to ensure that the passenger is carried in safety and reasonable comfort; and
- To give the passenger such mobility assistance as is reasonably required.
Mobility assistance is defined as follows:-
- To enable the passenger to get into or out of the vehicle
- If the passenger wishes to remain in the wheelchair, to enable the passenger to get into or out of the vehicle while in the wheelchair
- To load the passenger’s luggage into or out of the vehicle
- If the passenger does not wish to remain in the wheelchair, to load the wheelchair into or out of the vehicle.
When booking a wheelchair accessible taxi the public are advised to check with the operator that the vehicle can accommodate the particular type of wheelchair it is being booked to convey.
Designated list of accessible vehicles in the county borough
Make and Model
Peugeot Partner Euro
Chief Vehicle Rentals
Mr. Ibrahim Bashar
Mr. Riaz Muhammad