The 3-16 school will be located on two separate sites on the former Works site in Ebbw Vale.
The primary phase of the school will be co-located along with Pen y Cwm School and a new Integrated Children’s Centre in purpose built facilities.
Primary Phase - Hotmill
The primary phase has been designed to accommodate 420 pupils, and will benefit from the following facilities:
- Hard/soft play areas
- Separate fenced area for foundation phase
- Dedicated sports facilities
- Construction of a new road
- New vehicular pull-in bays
- Circulation paths and cycle routes
Secondary Phase - Coldmill
The secondary phase site has been designed to accommodate 1200 pupils, and will benefit from the following facilities:
- Sports pitches (provided through the new leisure centre)
- multi games area (provided through the new leisure centre)
The new leisure centre will be built next to the secondary phase and will also be used by all schools in Ebbw Vale.
The flexibility of the school’s learning spaces will be fundamental to the success of the scheme. It is envisaged that there will be a flow of students between all the educational establishments on the whole site, and particularly between year 6 and year 7, so breaking down the traditional barriers to achievement between key stage 2 and key stage 3.