We are now collaborating with Torfaen County Borough Council to deliver licensing services for both authorities.
As part of this collaborative way of working we need to review our policies to ensure that they are fair and, where possible, consistent across both authorities. We are also taking this opportunity to develop a number of new policies.
The policies under development and review are:
1 Taxi licensing (hackney and private hire vehicles, drivers and operators)
2 Street trading
3 Street and house to house charity collections - new policy
4 Scrap metal collectors and dealers
5 Sex establishments (shops, cinemas and entertainments) - new policy
We welcome all comments and feedback, however, please consider the following in particular:
Is there an aspect of our licensing work that you don’t think complies with the law or statutory guidance?
· Do you need tighter licensing regulation to protect your home and community?
· Do you need less regulation in order for your business to thrive?
· Is there anything within our current licensing policies that you think need to be dropped?
· Is there something that is missing from our current licensing polices?
· Is there anything else you want us to take into account when considering our licensing policies?
· This is the first stage of an on-going process that is due for completion by October 2018.
Why We Are Consulting
This is an opportunity for residents and business to review and comment on our licensing policies to help us ensure that they are fair, accountable, proportionate and transparent.
View the policies and access the online survey:
Closes 31 Oct 2017
(Licensing team leader for Torfaen)