Education - Mentoring Schemes
Oasis ProjectProject Aims
· To involve young people from targeted schools in Blaenau Gwent who are unable to maintain themselves in mainstream education and training.
· Design processes to empower, encourage, and re-engage in learning activities.
· To retain young people within a school environment to enable them to develop personal and social skills, build confidence and self- esteem.
· To improve pupil self-esteem, motivation, attitude and behaviour.
· To offer participants the opportunity to develop social/life skills, acquire vocational experience and qualifications.
· Offer ongoing support and guidance to enable participants to increase their confidence to attain additional knowledge and new skills.
· To establish a management and staffing structure to support the effective development of the school to include a range of formal and informal educational opportunities.
· Encourage involvement in a range of accredited courses.
· To provide additional perspectives, through mentoring, leadership and counselling from appropriate partners.
· To encourage co-ordination and collaboration between agencies and maximise resources.
Nick Gartside - Oasis Project Co-Ordinator
Gavin Gibbs - Tredegar Comprehensive School
Rhiannon Morgan - Brynmawr Comprehensive School
Melanie Liversage - Nantyglo Comprehensive School
Andrea Roberts - Ebbw Vale Comprehensive School
Denise Ewers - Glyncoed Comprehensive School
Natasha Powles - Abertillery Comprehensive School
For further information please contact
Arael Education Office
Tel:01495 21 22 44